Are you ready to challenge your upper body? In today’s workout, we will focus on building strength and endurance in our chest, shoulders, and triceps. The training is a circuit that consists of 4 exercises, each performed for three sets of 12-15 repetitions. There is a 1-minute rest between sets.
- Arm circles: 1 minute forward, 1 minute backward
- Shoulder taps: 1 minute
- Arm swings: 1 minute
- Push-ups: Target chest, shoulders, and triceps
- Diamond push-ups: Target triceps
- Pike push-ups: Target shoulders and upper chest
- Dips (using parallel bars or sturdy chairs): Target triceps and shoulders
- Shoulder stretch: 1 minute on each side
- Triceps stretch: 1 minute on each side
- Upper back stretch: 1 minute
- Deep breathing: 2 minutes
- If you are new to calisthenics, start with a modified version of the exercises. For example, you can do push-ups from your knees instead of your toes.
- If you cannot complete the entire circuit, take a break and continue.
- Listen to your body, and don’t push yourself too hard.
This workout is a great way to challenge your upper body and build strength and endurance. If you complete the exercise, you will be well on your way to building a more substantial, muscular upper body.
If you like this challenge, follow along for the next one. Day 3 is a rest day. Take the day off to allow your body to recover and repair.
In addition to the tips I provided above, here are some other tips for getting the most out of your calisthenics workout:
- Focus on your form. Doing the exercises correctly is more important than doing them quickly.
- Breathe deeply throughout the movement. This will help you to stay energized and avoid getting lightheaded.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout.
- Listen to your body. If you are feeling pain, stop the exercise and rest.
With consistent effort, you will see results. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!
Get in on the action and tune in to the Army Gymnastics Podcast today! Please find us on your favorite platforms, including Spotify, Apple, Google, Pandora, and Amazon Music. Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Army Gymnastics – start listening today on Spotify